For more than 10 years Erwin Steijlen has accompanied us as a partner of “De Vries & Partners Germany ” and “DvP Group international” with musical productions for all major events worldwide .
Characteristic of Erwin Steijlen and his company are the flawless empathy about the assignment, the client and the complexity of the production, the high musical quality, technical knowledge, collegiality and endless patience, which together, without exception, these 10 years has brought great satisfaction and success.
Each delivered musical , most highly complex production , is a delight to the ear.
Erwin Steijlen has consistently been a top-seller at AudioSparx and his deep understanding, experience, and professionalism in the music business is truly world-class. I highly recommend that young up-and-coming artists and composers closely follow Mr. Steijlen to learn what mistakes to avoid and what steps to take to develop into similarly world-class artists and composers. Hunter S. Thompson is quoted as having said: “The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side.” I am confident in saying that Erwin will help you to understand all sides of the music business, how to distinguish the positive from the negative, and the wisdom that he will impart to you will give you a solid foundation on which to grow and achieve commercial success and make a living and a life in the world of music.
Erwin Steijlen to me is Dutch “Best Kept Secret” from the corperate event industry . Over 10 years we have been great colleagues working on some very special national and international live show experiences. Erwin is pure, honest, straightforward and he always knows how to make a musical translation of a show script that is still under construction. He really breathes life into a production and brings the show straight away to a higher level with his musical vision. Erwin ’s music is always a hit! He will go all the way for the best brand perception. Success and goose bumps guaranteed!
Erwin Steijlen stands for the highest quality in the industry and is a very welcome addition to our team of teachers.
Constructive-critical, relevant, reliable, passionate, communicative and knowledgeable of the facts .
Allseas is a leading offshore contractor, specializing in laying pipelines on the seabed. In early 2015 came, “Pioneering Spirit”, Allseas’ new ship for platform installation, platform removal and pipe laying into service.On Friday, February 27th, Saturday, February 28 and Sunday, March 1st was the inauguration of “Pioneering Spirit”. In Alexiahaven at the Maasvlakte in Rotterdam a high quality three-day event was realized that was attended by 4000 customers, employees and suppliers of Allseas.Jeroen Hagelstein, PR Manager at Allseas and originator of the event: “Erwin Steijlen has played a crucial role in the realization of the official christening ceremony for AllSeas; he has been able to perfectly shape the intimate character musically that we wanted to give to the official moment. The compositions he created hit exactly the right chord we had in mind for our inauguration”.
At least 7 intensive years of passionate working together resulted into many, many wonderful Productions for de vries + partners GmbH as well as our sistercompanies DVP Asia and DVP Brasil .
Many, many times Erwin made our dreams come true . The difficult task of translating the clients wishes , demands and not at the least, restrictions, into a harmonious blend where we can still deliver “our concept” is a thing we again and again succesfully managed to achieve. After so many years of working together we know each others weak spots, but far more important, each others valuable talents and power. We do create magic time after time – together –
200% quality and emotion .
- “My name is Cristina Ornati and I am a big fan of your music and your approach to composing. I also recently purchased your book “Corporate Music Method” which is an excellent resource in understanding all the aspects of the music industry for somebody who wants to create music for licensing”.
- “Top Customer Reviews
5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful
By Ben on March 16, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition
Very helpful book for anyone who’s serious about making money making music”.
- #KickassMusic for #GamesDevelopers & #Filmmakers: Here’s HazardOps’ trailer featuring Erwin Steijlen, #AudioSparx’s top-selling composer from Amsterdam…
- Fellow musicians: super interesting book with many usable advice and information. Written by Erwin Steijlen who has been able through his Method to sell music to American tv series, films, commercials, big car brands etc.. read it! Michael Coomans (musician, songwriter)
- “Erwin Steijlen is one of the most talented musicians I have met sofar. Showing you all the tricks that where not yet in a book…” Aryjan Kool (CEO &Founder Kool&Elfring)
- “I’d highly recommend reading ‘Corporate Music Method: How To Make Money With Music’ which has a comprehensive set of recommendations for artists wanting to get more commercial placements. Please note that we did not write this book, but it was written by one of the most successful artists at AudioSparx, Mr. Erwin Steijlen, from Netherlands”. https://www.musicgateway.net/blog/690/Music-Libraries-Submissions-and-more-We- recently-caught-up-with-Audio-Sparx
- I’m really digging your book Erwin! Great job! Facebook post on 31 mei 2016. Craig Dodge (Mediacomposer) to Erwin Steijlen 31 mei · Ottawa (stad), Ontario, Canada
- My first birthday gift is in! I highy recommend this book to every musician/composer. This great book has been written by Erwin Steijlen. Look on his website. He has a very interesting story to tell. I’m sure I’ll finish this book this weekend! Vicky Verheijen
- “Erwin, You are so fucking good. What a pro you are. Simply the best, and always delivering. No matter what.
Thanks, thanks”. Rob (very satisfied client from show in Monterey, USA)
- I have enjoyed your book very much. It’s very instructive and unique! Peter Leutscher, Head of Department ArtEZ MediaMusic
- Thanks for your book, I finished it in one breath! Now allowing to let everything settle in. Very good to finally see things more commercial and from opportunities, I need to hide less behind my “artistry”. Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Klaas van Donkersgoed (composer / drummer)
- I read your book with great interest on my holiday. Very inspiring! I would love to talk about it in the future. Ulco Mes (strateeg Civil Society, Gemeente Tilburg)
- For all the composers out there that want to make a living out of Music, this book gives incredible tips on how to earn money in the Music Scene. We all know that in the beginning it can be a struggle, and sometimes it looks like a never ending story. The music scene has changed a lot , Yes, but if You know the tricks, it gets way Easier to make it your full time job. Written by: Erwin Steijlen. Kim Kiona (singer/songwriter, recording artist)
- Hi Erwin, what a really inspiring lesson last week! Very cool to see how you use entrepreneurship and knowledge of the business world to make your music more successful. It has inspired me a lot and I’m really, really happy with your book.
- Big thanks for your inspiring lesson last week at Sound Eductation.
- Thanks for your inspiring lesson! As you heard by the applause the students loved it!
- First of all thanks for the fascinating and educational lesson. In particular your expanation about becoming circle around and thinking one step further. That has really got me thinking..
I fully believe in discipline above inspiration. Great to hear it from a teacher
- Hi Erwin, great and very good masterclass yesterday. Your book arrived today. I’m pretty sure you’ll hear alot from me after I’ve read it!
- I wanted to thank you for a very inspiring lesson last night. Very nice and very interesting.
- Thanks again for a great lesson last wednesday!
- Thank you for a wonderful and very inspiring lesson. All explained in a great way.
- Great to see how the participants are stimulated to accept the challenge. I believe you really touched them with your vision and words. I’ve recieved many positive comments afterwards, so a very successful masterclass if you ask me.
- Thanks very much for your tip to go across the borders with my ideas. I started emailing companies in other countries and just got a call from an american global organisation that wanted more info. They want to keep in contact and believe in a future cooperation
J. van Loon
- It really was a wonderful night last night and I’m happy to have spoken to you in the break.
When I got home I quickly read a couple of chapters of your book, great! Thanks Erwin!
- Thanks so much for your masterclass last week. Can I take some lessons with you?
- A while ago you gave a masterclass about Audo Visual. I was present and think it was a very interesting lesson. I never was very interested in writing for commercials or product launches but your vision on writing music and songs touched me and came very close to my own opnions about music.
- Hi Erwin,
I just wanted to personally thank you for the amazing lesson you gave at Sound Education. I really enjoyed it and will be happy to read your book after I graduate. I’m a also guitar player myself and this gives me extra pleasure to hear how you work and write and how you got into the world of audio visual. Thanks for signing your book!
- The music industry is going through a massive shift. We live at a time when old school record labels and publishers are struggling to fit their outdated business models into a new, internet-fueled, globalized music scene. You may find yourself in the midst of it all, with a bag full of burning desire, mad passion and crazy talent for making music. You may find yourself wondering whether, in this day and age, it’s even possible to earn a struggle-free living by doing what you truly love. Maybe it’s time to to shift your guitar to the hobby room and get a ‘real’ job? You don’t want to be feeding your wife and children bread and butter for the next 10 years, after all!Well, Erwin Steijlen begs to differ. For the past 15 years he has been on an intense musical and entrepreneurial adventure. His music has brought him around the world, has allowed him to explore many different styles, play his songs in front of huge audiences and, what’s more, provide a comfortable life for himself and his family. In this day and age it absolutely is possible to make money with your music, you just need to look for it in the right place.Erwin takes us on his journey, enthusiastically and generously explaining how he does it and, more importantly, how you can do it too! His story is so full of passion and motivation that it would be hard to read this without starting to itch with excitement about turning your creativity into a business.
A book that is totally ‘now’ and a must-read for all you talented musicians, composers and songwriters out there! Sean Gray – Composer and voice-over artist
- I just finished reading your book. Bravo! Thank you for writing it! I am now watching your YouTube videos to continue my education. The pioneering spirit was so far my favorite because it is such beautiful music and yes, so emotional!I may apply for the January Totally Tuned. I believe your class that features real clients and real deadlines is a good start.
I am going to work on my business plan next and set a budget and timeline.
Thanks to your book I have so much to explore that I was unaware of. I feel very inspired!